Monday, December 17, 2012

Squeaky Sneakers

I took the girls to squeaky Sneakers today. We went last winter a lot. It is run by the Parks and Rec program and it is basically a small gym that has balls, hoops, tunnels and other indoor toys for the kids to play with. It is offered as a walk-in Mondays and Fridays. Since the girls have preschool on those days, we have not been this year.

When we moved here last winter, this was the first place I took my girls by myself. The door was closed inside Squeaky Sneakers so it was a chance to get out of the house for me last winter. Today, a year later, I was thinking about how different they are...for starters, last year I needed a double stroller to walk them from the car to the building. I couldn't trust all three to walk in without darting into the street. So, I would strap two in and hold the third's hand. The girls can now open doors, but they weren't trying to escape the room this year like they tried last year (but couldn't open the doors). Kate had to go potty and I walked them to the bathroom...last year they were in diapers and one time I had to change one it was horrible getting them out of the room and back in. Last year they needed me to "play" with them and keep them interested. This year, they did a lot of playing on their own, but still wanted me to play with them. Today they really enjoyed putting the floor puzzle pieces together and I don't think they played with these at all last year. They loved to name the letters and numbers and tried to find the correct one to connect them together. Today, we stayed until it closed. Last year, we came early and left early. Crazy to think how different they are in a year's time.







No comments:

Post a Comment