Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gymnastics Camp

Jack is doing a gymnastics camp this week. His cousins were all doing the camp and he wanted to do it too, even being that he was the only boy. I'm glad that he doesn't notice things like that right now and I hope it never bothers him. I think sometimes people get carried away with gender-specific things and blue/pink. I say, let them be kids and let them have fun. He and his cousin Amy are best friends right now and want to play together all day--everyday! Aunt Rose allowed him to participate in the camp--again, he was supposed to be entering Kindergarten. I guess that is twice I broke the rules in the last two weeks. I guess when you have family in high places, you can do that ;) Acutally, Jack did great and the fact that he has taken some gymnastics classes before helped him. The gym was SO hot today. I think it was almost 100 degrees outside and there is NO air conditioning...brings back lovely memories of my summers spent in that hot box during the days when I was working out. The kids got popsicles, were sprayed with the hose, but also had a ton of fun. My mom and dad were passing through today on her way back from Texas (they were visiting my sister) and they had my two oldest neices with them so they decided to do the camp as well. Jack will go back on Thursday from 12:30 to 2:30 for his last day--and they are predicting the temperature to be over 100 degrees.

Jack is the second one in line in the blue shirt

The gymnasts

No comments:

Post a Comment