Sunday, July 3, 2011

Three-in-One

Today was the annual Three-in-One cornhole tournament that my cousin so graciously puts on at their lake cottage. This is a new tradition and the tournament is getting competitive. This is the first time we have been able to make it and I have to be honest and say it was a little hectic for us! Three almost two year-olds, a big lake, a 4.5 year old that has been getting very little sleep in the last few days and almost 90 degree, sunny weather doesn't mix too well. When we first got there, Kate pointed to the lake and took off running towards it while Anna ran towards the street and Elizabeth was climbing up my legs because of all the new people around. Yikes! The girls and I stayed up on the porch that was gated which helped contain them. My mom and dad took turns taking the girls in the water and Anna and Elizabeth were extremely afraid of the sand. So, neither of them lasted too long. Kate was OK with the sand, so she swam a little longer. Jack and my nephew Nicholas swam, too. Jack loved the blue slushes and I think he has five or six cups (at least that is what he told us--and I don't think they were full cups!).  John was able to play in the tournament and was out pretty early on, so we decided to go shortly after. I keep telling myself next year it will be easier...I'm glad we went, it is always so nice to see grandparents, cousins and aunts.

Elizabeth and Kate eating melon


Anna




Nicky and Jack. Notice Jack's blue face--this got worse as the day went on.
Kate loved the melon


Tournament time


John playing

No comments:

Post a Comment