Thursday, July 21, 2011

23 Months/Wearin' My Shoes

I can't believe that the girls are going to be TWO next month! They are really growing up, and too fast! They are all still excellent sleepers and will nap 3-4 hours most days after sleeping all night 12+ hours! They don't actually sleep the entire time when we put them to bed, but instead talk, play, jump and throw their pacifiers and lovies at each other. They all eat well, Elizabeth and Kate are becoming more picky, especially with vegetables. I recently made smoothies with a special ingredient: spinach. Seriously, you could not see any form of the spinach or taste it. I like all that iron for my kids! They are beginning to play with each other and still will fight. I have attempted to do mini time-outs, however, it has been only for Anna once (she's a biter) and Kate once too (she laughed the entire time I tried to make her sit down). They can still be distracted for the most part. They love dolls, emptying anything from the drawers or cabinets from the kitchen, dumping Carter's water dish, Strawberry Shortcake (dancing to the music), making play food with the dishes and giving me a bite. They are all stating to really pick up their vocabulary. It seems like I hear at least one new word from someone a day. They love their big brother and like to give kisses to me, the dog and each other. Lastly, the girls really love shoes. I don't know if it is a girl thing, or what because I don't remember Jack liking my shoes so much. I know it is stereotypical, but I think they are hardwired to care about shoes! Today, Kate put on my heels and actually walked around in them. I'd like to think Jack at age 4.5 could walk in my heels, but he is so clumsy--I'm not sure I can! Kate was OK walking in them. I guess it must be a girl thing. Although I only have Kate pictured today, Anna and Elizabeth are just as interested in shoes.

You can see Elizabeth in the background putting on my sandals



On a much more sad note, I'd like to make a comment about a friend of mine who lost her husband to cancer. I attended a very sad funeral today in honor of him. He was diagnosed just 8 months ago and was only 27 years old. He left behind two daughters--one and three year old. Please pray for Theresa and the Didion family during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment